It is quite easy to apply acrylic nails at home. All you need to do is follow these simple instructions, and you can have beautiful acrylic nails within a couple of minutes.
1. Start by sanitizing your hands with an anti-bacterial lotion to keep the whole process safe and free of infection. That would also keep your tools and implements free of bacteria.
2. Apply cuticle softener to your nails and gently push your cuticles in with a cuticle pusher.
3. Shorten your nails to a comfortable length using a nail clipper and shape it gently with a nail file.
4. Use a buffer block and file off the natural shine on the surface of your nails. Focus more on the cuticle area than the edges of your nails.
5. Take the artificial nail tip and place it over your nail to see how it fits. If the base of the nail is too wide, file the sides to shorten the width and get a perfect fit.
6. Apply a thin film of nail glue to the inside edge of the tip. Do not use too much glue as it would make the nails look uneven. Just a thin layer would do.
7. Hold the nail tip over your natural nail, and apply pressure first towards the center of the nail for about 15 to 20 seconds. Then apply some pressure to the corners by pinching them for about 10 to 15 seconds to make a firm bond.
8. After the tips have completely dried and stuck well to the natural nail, trim them to a comfortable length using a nail trimmer. Then use a file to smoothen the edges and shape them well. Place your hands together to see if all the nails are even and of the same length.
9. Wash you hands with soap and water before you proceed to paint in the acrylic.
10. Apply some dehydrant to the base of your nails to make the acrylic bond well with your natural nails. You can follow this by applying some primer as well to facilitate better bonding.
11. Take a brush and dip it into the acrylic liquid. Then stroke the brush over some acrylic powder to make a bead. Then apply the bead evenly over the nail tip. Do the same over the middle portion of the nail and over the cuticle portion. Wipe off excess acrylic from the brush over a paper towel every time before dipping the brush again into the acrylic.
12. Buff the nails to remove any unevenness on the surface and finish off by applying a topcoat to make the nails shiny. Now, you will have beautiful acrylic nails to show off to the world.