Clean A Pedicure Spa:
Pedicures are one of the most popular ways for women to pamper themselves. Salons everywhere offer them, and they usually have many clients throughout the day who receive pedicures. These clients often share the same pedicure spa, which can be unsanitary if the foot bath has not been cleaned. Particles of skin, hair, dirt and other debris gather in the pedicure spa and can cause bacterial growth if not cleaned and disinfected properly.
Step by step instructions for disinfecting a pedicure spa:
(these steps are recommended by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, http://www.epa.gov)
After Each Client:
1.Drain the water and remove any visible debris from the basin of the pedicure spa.
2.Clean the surfaces of the pedicure spa with soap or detergent, rinse with clean water, and drain.
3.After cleaning, disinfect the surfaces with an EPA-registered hospital disinfectant (for description) according to the manufacturer's directions on the label. Surfaces must remain wet with the disinfectant for 10 minutes or the time stated on the label, which may be shorter.
For whirlpool, air-jet, "pipe-less" , and other circulating pedicure spa: It is best to disinfect by filling the basin with clean water, adding the appropriate amount of liquid disinfectant, and turning the unit on to circulate the disinfectant for the entire contact time.
4.After disinfection, drain and wipe with clean towel.
At the end of each day:
Foot bath of pedicure spa showing the filter screen, inlet jets, and other removable parts that require special attention during the disinfecting process.
1. Remove the filter screen, inlet jets, and all other removable parts from the foot basin and clean out any debris trapped behind or in them.
2. Using a brush, scrub these parts with soap or disinfectant (following cleaning directions).
3. Rinse the removed parts with clean water and place them back into the pedicure spa basin apparatus.
4. Before replacing the screen, totally immerse the screen in an EPA-registered disinfectant with demonstrated bactericidal, fungicidal, and virucidal activiy used according to manufacturers instructions.
5. After disinfection, drain, rinse, and air dry.
Basic Installation Info:
Pedicure spa must be on level location. The floor structure of that location must be capable of supporting both pedicure spa and its occupant at the same time.
water supply is needed to be 80 - 100 PSI to fill in basin and hot water temperature must not exceed 150F degree
Standard size of water supply should be 1/2 inch.
drain out dirt and sand from hot and cold water supply before connect them to the pedicure spa.
Pedicure spa is used on 110V 60Hz, except in location where 220V converter is needed.
all electrical outlets must include a GFCI device.
a certified plumber or technician is needed for pedicure spa installation.